1.28.2009

Follower

I am a follower of typography. 
Anything typographic. 

The author of ilovetypography.com has an explosion of typographic inspiration. This past summer I stumbled upon this site in search of a certain font that my employer was interested in finding. Ever since, I have referred to iLT for new ideas and typographic concepts. 

A great success in my opinion. One of my favorite aspects of ILT is the addition of typographic history. How did Baskerville originate? Why is Times New Roman the default font for Word? 
Dating back to the 1700s, the origin, development and progression of type is incredible. 

Mixing my interest in typography with my hidden, "inner-nerd" obsession with history, iLT pulls all the pieces together. Regardless of making history, studying history, or stumbling upon worthwhile historical information, there is a great deal of rhyme and reason within the world of typography. From type representing the Industrial Revolution to san serifs originating during the reign of Napoleon, iLT explores the evolution of type and how things have changed, remained the same and merely become digitized. 
Check out iLT's posts about typographical history - part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5


No comments:

Post a Comment