1.29.2009

What's next?


A moment of silence for all who follow Domino.
Maybe one day my three year collection of Domino magazine's will be worth more than the sheer inspiration and creativity that is encompassed into each issue. As of January 28, 2009, Conde Nast bid adieu to modern-girl's guide to surviving in a one bedroom apartment in New York City, in style. Many home magazines are geared towards the generation of home owning, mother's-day-out, do-it-yourself weekend project women who buy more for practicality rather than pure spontaneous indulgences! Please do not take that the wrong way, I like all magazines and am an avid reader of Better Homes & Garden, as well as Scrapbook Etc., but ever since I picked up my first issue of Domino magazine I imagined living in the cover picture. That has been my dream, and Domino has been my monthly guilty pleasure, as opposed to the weekly, US Weekly. Read more about the fold here.

Now take a 180 with me - Reader's Digest. I read and heard this morning that Reader's Digest is planning to layoff 300 people due to the current soft economy. Continue reading more from the Fish Bowl.

Can it get worse? Will it get worse before it gets better? Can it get better before May 16 (i.e. when I graduate and throw myself into the workforce).

What about new magazines that have recently been started? BOHO magazine has been my latest obsession, releasing it
s premiere issue in November 2008. 
Check out their website, their mission statement, is without a doubt BOHO in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment