4.29.2009

Good news

The semester is winding down, insanely fast. I only have 3 days of class left. (Don't be fooled, this includes tomorrow as well as next Tuesday and Thursday) As much as my friends have been complaining about motivation and "senioritis" I don't think I have actually had time to give up on school, or get burnt out. I'm just as in love with my classes as I was the day the semester began, although I really wish I had the knowledge I have now back in January --- I believe I would have had a lot more sleep. But that's besides the point. If you sleep all the time you miss all the fun. 










Okay for my exciting news of the week -- 
Earlier in the semester a friend of mine was working on her senior capstone class. Her project was to put together a campaign plan to raise awareness for STD testing on college campuses. (Six groups would be coming up with different concept for the same campaign). She told me what they were looking for and commissioned me to come up with their logo. I said cool, no problem. Since I did the logo and art for their prospectus I haven't thought twice about it. 

On Monday the group was told the Center for Disease and Control had chosen their project as the winner. On top of winning, they received a $40,000 grant to execute the campaign and put it in action. My friend called me and told me my logo will be on college campuses in the south and be put on banners, flyers, everything promoting test awareness. 

I can't wait to see it all happen. I'm still in shock that something so small has turned into something so big! 


No comments:

Post a Comment