3.11.2009

Response


I'm giving this response a early because I have yet to present in class, but yesterday, as well as next Tuesday, everyone in class is presenting out creative process through sketches, execution as well as environment. 
For me I can really be anywhere, because once I start designing, I hyper-focus and tune everything else out. This applies to most anything that I highly engage myself in - whether it be running outside to the beat of my own feet hitting the pavement or sitting in a crowed coffee shop, I am able to zone out and concentrate only on what I want to be thinking about. This can be perceived as good or bad but most of the time I think it is a good thing. 
Lately I have been laying my yoga mat in the middle of the floor, turning the TV on mute, pulling out my computer, sketchbook, inspiration binders and magazines, etc. then sitting down and finding the right radio station at pandora.com. Lately it has been classical symphonic romance at a moderate volume level. The energy coming from classical music can influence an array of emotions while designing and have an impact on the finished product. 
My design process has changed somewhat over time, but in some regards it has remained the same. I still think revisions are always necessary, but how many revisions are enough? When is a finished product actually a finished product? When the deadline comes? When you're tired of looking at it? Or is it actually never completely finished and we all just turn in incomplete work? That is probably a stretch but hey, nothing is ever too far outside the box. 
I found this poster online and it made me laugh, and think of what I have to tell myself during my process of designing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment