3.04.2009

critique


Whew! True/False took it out of me. Three days of working on the feature spread two weeks ago followed by three days of nonstop film festival fun was exhausting but totally worth it. Last Thursday the feature that Lauren I did together was printed and I am really proud of the way it turned out. Here is the finished product. I am really happy with the way the package came together. Lauren and I worked together well and were able to compliment each other within our design styles. For example at the beginning of our design process we told each other we would brainstorm at home and bring ideas to the table the next day. We were both working on the splash page and knew we wanted to incorporate the theme of "flying high/rising above." Meeting together the next day we showed each other what we had worked on. I had been working on a plane illustration and Lauren had been working on a background/skyline illustration. Our two pieces worked great together, and from there we accomplished an entire package that I know we are both proud of. 
 
This past weekend I saw several films including No Impact Man, We Live in Public, Food Inc., Rough Aunties, and several others. It was relaxing, enjoyable as well as informative. I bought a glass gallon of milk which was produced at a local farm in Missouri when I was at the grocery yesterday. This decision, a 40 cent increase compared to the generic plastic brand of skim milk I usually buy was influenced by the film Food Inc., which encouraged 
audience members to know where their food is produced and its environment 
of origin. Although when I left I was a bit petrified, I decided I could do my 
part in hopes of regulating the FDA. So glass gallons of milk from Hermann, Mo. are looking even better now, and taste better as well. 
 
One of the best films I saw was Big River Man. The story of an endurance swimmer who weighs over 200 pounds, and not of pure muscle; who drinks like a fish, and chooses to be the first person to swim the Amazon River. Don't believe it? Google it; it's legit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment