2.25.2009

more work to show


Here are some updates on the work I have been doing in the past week; I know I have posted about it all numerous times but I haven't shown it. Well ta-da: the good, the bad, the ugly, and the published.
The series of pictures is the progression of where my thoughts started with the concept of bed and breakfast and where they ended, or how they ended I should say.


As you can see my thought process changed quite a bit while working with the theme of bed and breakfast.  The top  is the finished product, and the order of the pictures shows the progression of designs I went through before deciding on a concept and final design. I wanted to play off  the idea of old vs. new, to get the feature a "Vox feel." Once I did the color vs. black and white, half and half approach, I wanted to run with it. Finding the right image was crucial. As you can see from the blue image I only found a black and white photo and had to show interpret what I meant on my own. But the idea sold and we went with it. I think the cover turned out nice, classic, "kitchy" if you will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment