2.01.2009

field notes day 5


mixed media
Originally uploaded by maggie searcy
Art can be found all over Columbia. From a painted electric box on a light pole, to the stain glass windows of a church downtown, art is apart of the atmosphere in Columbia. Saturday, after watching Slumdog Millionaire (which I highly, highly recommend), at Ragtag Cinema, I noticed a panoramic piece of artwork hung on the buildings exterior brick wall. It embraced Missouri with creativity, history, and style. This is only one section of the piece, and I chose it because of the attention to detail and the dimensions that can be seen.

2 comments:

  1. Maggie: Your field notes are SO much more interesting than mine! They are really artsy, which I didn't have the ability to pull off with mine. I really enjoyed looking at the creative things you found around town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this mosaic. What building did you say this was? I'd loved to see it in its entirety. Columbia amazes me with the amount of art found around town. It really adds to the beauty and culture of CoMO.

    ReplyDelete