2.04.2009

Check this out

Bored with Times New Roman? Need a new default font? There are cures for the common font according to a feature in HOW Magazine. Typographer.org posted a blub with the February issue with cover story and feature by Stephen Cole, Type Director at FontShop.
  • Do you use InDesign? or Quark? Scared to change? Check out this article also in February's issue. "Our vetern technology columnist lines up QuarkXPress 8 and InDesign CS4 for a head-to-head comparison. Both programs have extensive new features - so which one is right for you?"
  • "HOW recognizes the best work from designers in leading corporations and organizations. See the 97 winners this year."
  • (Captions from f+w magazine store. Check out more content from the issue here.)
The entry sparked my interest when I read it and I wanted to see and read the new issue. After I was unable to find the issue at a couple of locations in Columbia I went ahead an ordered it online. If you know where it is available in Columbia let me know for future reference, and to save $3.95 on shipping.
The magazine should be in my mailbox within 3-5 business days, so until then I'll leave you with a glimpse of the cover. 
HOW 2.2009

4 comments:

  1. They always do the neatest stuff. I have to go find one now, you've sparked my type interest. Thanks for the heads up on this issue. Did you try Barnes and Noble or the University Bookstore? I feel like I've bought it there before, but I could be confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, if anyone can figure out where to find that issue nearby let me know as well! I have been trying to find the perfect typeface forever, and each time I find one it seems everyone else loves it too. I have recently discovered the beauty of Glypha, and I'm pretty sure I am the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Pick the perfect typeface - 18 cures for the common font." haha I loved that. Then again, anything punny will amuse me. I've never heard of this publication before, so I look forward to checking it out. Looks like it would be helpful. Thanks for posting about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW is such a great magazine. I've gone to their design conference for the last two years, and have to say that the entire publication--in print and in person--is an excellent resource. Don't bother with newsstand, just get a subscription!

    ReplyDelete