2.14.2009

Typography stimulation

Design-daily.com -- like rolling out of bed and turning the coffee maker on, going to the bathroom, checking my blackberry to review the e-mails I received while in slumber, my first-fifteen-minute-morning routine isn't complete without design-daily.com, and neither should yours for that matter. 

Today I awoke with typography in my mind. Sad? Ironic
? Good? I'm going to have to say all-of-the-above. But really, when anything can mix style, modernism and typography together, I will be happy for a long time. Seriously, the beauty of letters, words, and symbols are unique, but timeless. 

Today I laid eyes upon this table when I was looking at design-daily. The post was entitled "15 great typography-based objects." Without a doubt this table topped this list but there were so many shown that I liked, I decided that typography would be my Valentine and I will post some of my favorite typography-based objects. The table, chairs, and dresser, have already been added to my inspiration book.

M for Maggie. If I found out where this was from, I would literally design 
my room around it next time I move, which is a lot more than most people 

would assume. I am in my 9th bedroom/apartment/home/house within the past four years (and five have been within a 2 mile radius). I move a lot. It's fine. I'll lay some more permanent roots down in a few months. 
 
This last picture is the M on my bed
room door. I'm so happy to see it when I come home after long day, I feel at home. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your "M." I also have some typography on my door. It changes a lot though...yes, I still have a MagnaDoodle. Those things are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun ways to play with type. I love the "M" table. What a fun addition to any home. Especially a designers!

    ReplyDelete