2.17.2009

Critique

The past seven days have been hard to differentiate. Last Thursday Lauren and I presented our general concepts and rough ideas for the True/False Film Festival feature story for VOX. The same day I also pitched two redesigns for the February 19 cover. I found out on Thursday night that my concept was chosen for the cover. I really like the final product. Tomorrow I will post the new cover, along with the other ideas that were generated along the way. 

In between working on the cover and reworking ideas for the upcoming feature, I had to work on a draft to pitch to for my larger semester project. Needless to say, I’m turning into a major computer-nerd/design-geek that can only talk and think and yes, only dream about design. *Side note: always keep a pen and some paper next to your bed in case a brilliant idea pops into your head at 3 in the morning because if you’re like me, there is no way your going to remember it four hours later.

I am posting pictures of economy feature that I redesigned since its original post. I like these two much better than the spread I turned in the first time. 

4 comments:

  1. I like your re-design of the economy spread a lot. Especially how you altered the color of the photos and used the red for the captions. We all feel your pain about being a computer-nerd this semester, I feel like my eyes are suffering more than my brain from looking at the computer screen for hours on end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your choice of typography for the headline works well with the story. It's strong and impacting, yet personal. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you changed the focal point of the dominant photo. It gives the whole story a more personal feel. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this redesign. I like the tight crop on the faces and the photo treatment. I agree with Kristin, it really does give the page a new story and feel.

    ReplyDelete